This tram was built in 1949 for the G.V.B. In 1989 the tram arrived at Summerlee and operated there until the site closed for renovation in 2006, after that the tram was donated to a tramway museum in Brighton where the truck, motors and electrics are intended to be used under one of their trams and the body to be kept.
About this class of tram
After the end of the war, the large increase in passenger traffic caused a great strain on the partially old vehicles and their poor condition. In 1946, 50 traction and 50 sidecar vehicles were ordered from SGP (Simmering-Graz-Pauker in Graz). These cars were delivered from 1949 to 1951. Due to the general economic situation, the car bodies were made of wood and not as usual in new buildings made of metal.
In the early 1950s, 11 older trams were provided with a new body. This made it possible to eliminate numerous vehicles from the early days of electrical operation.
@SummerleeMuseum Second tram was #GratzTram225 - Arrived in March 1989-📷⬇️ from the @acadvertiser 17/3/1989-More info on the tram at https://t.co/fVYmGOk7vs -#DidYouKnow that you can read old copies of this newspaper @NL_Heritage (Airdrie Local Studies) https://t.co/i4uhAm8SyB pic.twitter.com/833JtxF8gp— Summerlee Transport Group (@summerleetg) June 5, 2019